Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Pre Race Preparation

Hi everyone! did you guys enjoy the tapering sessions this week? do feel free to go for some light runs and swims on your own if u want. do not be worried for the race as we have prepared well for the race. just have fun during the race!

I remember saying that if you get a stitch while running due to drinking too much water prior to race, you will keep recalling wei hoong's speech. I didn't really meant that way. Because errors and mistakes are inevitable during races, and we just aim to minimize them. So if you ran off the TA without your race belt and had to run back to get it, or had a bad timing after your swim leg, or feel tired, or have a stitch. Just smile. Don't be disheartened!
Hope that u found the briefing informative for both the first timers and more experienced ones. Just to let you know, I am new to this sport. Completing my first biathlon last year. I still prefer swimming in chlorinated water and i do not enjoy swimming and running long distances. Haha. I overcome all these by enjoying the friendship, the atmosphere and looking forward to the satisfaction of completing the race.

I know that many of you are feeling nervous and not prepared. But don't be! This sport is exciting and we learn many things along the way!

Have fun. Enjoy the race.

Welcome to Aquathlon.

No comments:

Post a Comment